Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bout a 1998 E320 a month ago. Wheni test drove it there was no air coming from the climate control. They replaced the control head unit in the dash and then it was fine.

Well a week later and nothing again. The unit works in that when i get going fast if i have it set at say 57 ice cold air in SMALL quantities comes through the vent i have selected and when i have it at 85 hot air does but there is no airflow at stop or slow speeds.

What is wrong here. Obviously it's not the head unit, i am really not happy right now. I have been researching this and finding no answers but tons of people complaning about the E-class being an electrical nightmare.

PLEASE HELP WITH ANY INFO

On a side not where do i look for the CD changer wire in the trunk if i wanna hook one up.

Thanks in advance, robert

·
Registered
8 Posts
Robert: The people before you have eliminated the most expensive posibility for the problem you describe. The most likely cause of your problem is a vacuum leak in your system. First thing to try is with motor runing put your head first close to the under side of dash and listen for a faint hissing noise on both sides. Next try listening under the hood for a hiss. Next follow your vacuum hoses with your hand feeling for and at same time listening for a leak. If that doesnt reveal the culprit one way to find the leak is purchase a spray can of eather (starting fluid) and spray the vacuum hoses with motor runing. When you spray the starting fluid near the leak your motor will change speeds and speed up. for information and diagrams on your system go to http://skinnerbox.steaky.org/service/library.html Good luck KHB1 P. S. The most likely spot to have a leak will be at a junction of hose and a T or a pot or some point of change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts