Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2016 E350 wagon; 2010 ML350 Bluetec
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a second beef with my W212 wagon. The windshield wipers do not work on either intermittent setting. As I understand it, this could be the result of a bad sensor up by the mirror, or it could be a bad relay.

How do I determine which issue I have? Which relay is involved (I have not yet figured this out looking at fuse box diagrams).

Thanks!

· Administrator
1993 SL500, 1998 SL500 Pano Top, 2005 ML270Cdi.
988 Posts
Tom, I see that you've asked the same question over at our sister forum BenzWorld, so I'm sure that you'll get a reply.

On that same forum I did find this thread that may be helpful?

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tom, I see that you've asked the same question over at our sister forum BenzWorld, so I'm sure that you'll get a reply.

On that same forum I did find this thread that may be helpful?
Thanks, RedLiner. I'll look at that thread.

I'm kinda promiscuous when looking for help. I always assume I'm the least informed member of the forum.

Thanks!

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to wrap up:

I had a suggestion from somewhere else to pull the F10 fuse and the L relay for a few minutes, then reseat them and check for results.

I pulled the fuse and relay for 4-5 minutes. Once the hood was closed tightly, the wipers would activate on intermittent when I sprayed water over the sensor. I call that victory!

I appreciate the link and encouragement!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts