Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I have just got my C-230K Couple not long ago, and it is a super fun car to drive!!! It is almost perfect... but there is something inside the car kind of bugging me. And I wonder anyone can give me any suggestion:

1: Noise. There is noise from interior, especially my seat (at that driver seat, side and back). Every time I move, the noise shows up. The back cover making noise too...especially on not-so-smooth road. Is it easy to fix? Anyone here has a similar experience? Can I bring it back to dealer and look for solution?

2: Engine noise. I understand that it is a small sport car; but seems like it generates much more noise than I expect, especially on the bottom of the car (right below the center at the back seats). Is it normal?

3: I have successfully roll down all windows by using the smart key; but not opening the roof.... did I missing something?

4: Hmm... I don’t think I can remotely open the truck on my C-230 HB, right? Is this function only available on C-class 4 doors?

5: The chrome door handle protector look nice! Anyone knows how they attached to the body panel? I wonder I can do it myself….

Sorry for the stupid questions.... haha.. Being a first time owner is not easy.... :oops:

·
Registered
175 Posts
You should have the noise checked - especially any sqeaks or rattles. The warranty will cover that.

You've done better than I with the windows, that's one feature I have yet to test successfully (the Jetta was much easier).

Engine noise is not too uncommon when accelerating. It should be fairly quiet once you reach cruising speed though...

Welcome to the forum - and enjoy your car!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Note for rib123 re item 3 opening windows and roof

Hi rib123,

re item 3: If you aim your Smart Key at the little sensor on the drivers door handle, press the open button and hold it, the windows go down first. Then you press again, or keep pressing it and the roof will open fully as long as you keep your finger on the "open" button. If that does not happen you should have it re-programmed. Incidentally, when you are seated in the vehicle and want to open the sunroof fully, you need only push back the button once and it should retract fully, rather than having to hold the button during the opening process. Closing it on mine does require holding the button fully.

Make your dealer aware of any problems you are experiencing and they should be only too happy to help you. Mine is great.

al :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys!

yeah... thanks for the input. I have made an appointment this Friday to check it out. Hopefully it can be fix. Hmm... when I called in and tell them the noise.. they seem like not really 'interested' to fix it.... i am crossing my fingers....

:roll:

I have just fixed my back cover by adding 2 pieces of 1/8" thick funture pads on the bottom and top of the cover. I shake the cover a bit, and it was no noise!!! Haven;t have time to drive it around to test it out. Once I found out, I will let u guys know.

:wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts