Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love cars just to get that out of the way! this was a 10 year anniversary gift, a 1974 450sl...it has 200k on it but was an arizona car and is immaculate! no rust, one owner...ok so the good part is out there lol...so i bought it knowing it had a new battery and alternator...well we drove it 1 mile to the local parts store to tighten the neg battery post...did that and went to leave and it died...jumped it and put it in gear and it died again. bought a battery from them as the one in the car read 1 volt. the alt read that it needed replaced. so charged old battery and it comes up good. bought a new alt and it tests good as well. the alt is not charging the battery tho. the battery light on the dash comes on. the original voltage regulator was disconected. when you pulll the positive off the post the car keeps running. i just cleaned up all of the connections at the battery and they were all rusty/corroded...hopefully that is the problem, but is there something i am missing? love reading all of the posts btw and plan on being a contributing member as long as we have this awesome car!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanks for all the help lol...it was just the battery posts that had corrosion and rust

1 - 2 of 2 Posts