Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,

i have a problem with e240 not much power on 1,2,3 gears. at first we thought its the transmission. we swapped the whole transmission to a s320 coz its just the same including the control unit but the problem is the same. then, we replaced the throttle valve but again to no avail. fault on star diagnosis is "ETC implausible and gears slipping". we reset the adaptation and adapt again. we followed the adaptation procedure. have any of you from here experienced this too? phaedrus?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
One, an E 240 will not have a lot of power. I'm assuming you mean compared to other vehicles. Really, that 2.6L motor is a dog of the highest degree. Try the trans adaptation again but make sure you reset and readapt the sensor gear adaptation and the ME adaptation as well. Also, before resetting the ME, check your HFM voltage and make sure there's not a MAF sensor on it's way out. Those little bastards will not only cause you to be down on power buit can cause erradic shifting behavior. I am assuming here that there are no present faults....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts