Benz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased an oil measuring stick for my 2004 C230 Kompressor. The dipstick tube has a lot of bends in it. The dipstick is a little difficult to get in. However I think I reached bottom. My measurements with a cold engine are 115 mm at the bottom. The top of the dipstick tube lined up with the stick at 675 mm. Can anyone verify this? Incidently I purchased the stick at the dealer Part # W120 589 07 21 00. I was originally quoted at $137, but when I picked it up I was only charged around $80. Still outrageous but not as bad as the original price. :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dip Stick for measuring oil level

Hi RES,

Well now, I complained bitterly to MB that my 2003 did NOT have a dip stick to measure oil level. So the 2004 has one? Please explain. I am very interested.

Al

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds like a case of, "if you got the money, they will find a part to sell you!" :roll:
I thought that the oil pan was sealed,so that no contamination would occur.
Zada

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:) I have made up a log that records the dash FSS oil level reading and compares it with my measuring stick levels. I will made entries as soon as I enter the garage when the engine is at its normal operating temperature and after an eight + hour period when the engine has reached garage temperature which at this time of the year is approximately 45 degrees. So far there doesn't seem to be that much variation in the level. It seems to indicate 113mm at the cold temperature and 114mm at the warm temperature. If anyone else has any feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
dipstick measurements

sounds about right, 115mm is the normal operating level

1 - 6 of 6 Posts