Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to hear people's opinion on upgrading the handling of the w140. I know that the w140 was not built for cornering but I do want to know the pros and cons of installing either eibach or h&r springs. how much does the handling improve on turns? does one need to also change the stock shock absorbers to sport shocks? does the springs lower the car alot? just want to hear people's opinion on this. thanks.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Your vehicle should have a self leveling rear end. With that in mind, it will be impossible to simply swap out your springs. There are spring kits made for earlier (and lessor) 140 incarnations that utilize a purely steel spring setup, but a later model 500 such as yours will not fall into this category.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think I should have a dealer serviceshop performed the swap of the springs? any idea how much it would cost me? further, do you know how the ride quality is after the swap? thanks.

Tom

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
There aren't springs made for your suspension. Only for the older 140's. The ride quality would suffer considerabley were it possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts