Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Live in Phoenix and it is hot but, when A/C is on the temp gauge is always at 125 to redline. Also after driving for 30 minutes ar so I have noticed the top radiator hose is collapsed, like is is creating a vacum. I can take the filler cap of and the hose goes to normal. I have chaged the radiator and thermostat. Also after driveing without A/C the car still seems to run hot 100-125. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your help

Michael

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good day

Seems like you have done everything. The european climate is no where near, where you are at. Perhaps a different oil grade to keep temps down. also your mixture of rad. fluid. Perhaps a "water wetter". I know that I have seen my car reach 100C, as of late due to 110F days here in kansas. System should be air tight also, cap, hoses etc...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Michael,
Welcome to Benzforum. You might try changing the cap on the coolant tank, I've seen this cause the radiator hose to collapse before. As mentioned above you might want to try "Water Wetter" it's a good product and can help reduce the temp. Your coolant should be mixed to where you have no more than 50% Anti Freeze, you could probably even use slightly less in your area. Your Auxillary fan should be kicking in at 110C degrees, and you should not have the temp rising to 125C, you may have a temp sensor that is not working correctly or possibly a fuse or relay that is bad. Since your car has been extremely hot, you may also want to check to make sure you don't have water in the oil or oil in the water. I hope this will be helpful, there are many componets in the cooling system, that could be a problem, but these are relatively inexpensive to fix. Keep us posted on your progress.

Ken

·
Registered
125 Posts
Overheating

Hi,

I agree with BigBenMan re overheating. I had this problem and found that the auxiliary fan was not cutting in when the temp rose about 95-100 in heavy traffic. I had to replace the fan relay. OK now. Also note that if the fan relay does not cause the auxiliary fan to kick in, the compressor on A/C could overheat and the condensor can fail. The little red fuse underneath it pops. In my case I lost my freon too. Have since then retrofitted the system for non-CFC use. Regards.

Al

·
Registered
43 Posts
Plugged radiator? A colapsed hose is not something that is going away by adding "Water Wetter".... You think..?

Good luck.

Alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts