Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure but this may be too generic a question but ..... some idiot at work opened their truck door into my passenger side door and dented it. (And of course, didn't leave a note.) I also have a couple of rock nicks on the front by the license plate holder (I live in Phoenix where gravel trucks ravage the freeways on a daily basis!) so I guess I'll go and have the door fixed and have them paint the front and the door. Anyone have any idea of a ballpark estimate of what a Mercedes dealership is gonna charge for something like this? (So I don't embarrass myself by fainting in the dealership itself!) Thanks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would get an estimate from a reputable local body shop first. Mercedes service and the level of "excellence" in my experience differs from outlet to outlet. $95/hr for bodywork labor is what the dealerships charge in DFW and you can get body work done much cheaper $35/hr with the same quality.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Depending on the dent, if the paint is intact, there are people who can repair it without painting. They hammer (carefully) from the inside and I was told they did good jobs.

As for the rock nicks, it's just a fact of life. You will get them once in a while no matter what. If I were you, I would just hide them with touch-up paint. You can then repaint after you have more of these rock chips. If you repaint because of a few rock chips, you will probably have to repaint once or twice a year.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just brought my C320 in to my dealer for some body work. Needed to have minor repairs done to the bumber (repainting and scratches), roughly $800. Also, hade a hairline scratch on the rear driver side panel, roughly 6 inches long, $400.

Pricey, and it is taking a week to get done.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You might as well go to a good body shop. Very few dealerships do their own body and paint work. Usually, they contract a local body shop with whom they do a steady business. So, you can cut out some middleman fees by skipping the dealer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mark08859 is right. To ensure good quality, try to get the name of the body shop your MB dealership uses.

Try your service manager, they might tell you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts