Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a used 2003 C230 coupe (white). Got a great deal with very little milage (3500km). Anyways, I'm thinking of painting the front grill to match the color of the car ( not the silver star). I was wondering has anyone else done this? How does it look? Will the paint chip off easily (since part of the grill is chrome)

Thanks.

dagwood :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
http://www.audiworld.com/tech/ext15.shtml

In this AudiWorld Tech Article, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to paint your grille and make a "Do-it-Yourself Sports Grille". Obviously instructions of how to remove your grille would be different, but the most important part you need to know about is how to paint it. It's very important to do the processes they've mentioned. By simply painting over the original chrome, it won't last very long for sure. Friend of mine has done it to one of his A4 grilles, and the final product looks fabulous considering the amount of time and money you need to get it working.

·
Registered
20 Posts
dagwoodnil said:
I just recently bought a used 2003 C230 coupe (white). Got a great deal with very little milage (3500km). Anyways, I'm thinking of painting the front grill to match the color of the car ( not the silver star). I was wondering has anyone else done this? How does it look? Will the paint chip off easily (since part of the grill is chrome)

Thanks.

dagwood :lol:
I have a monochromatic grill on my car:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts