Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a S320, 1997 and the parking brake light is on all the time and start beeping when you drive, even I know the parking break is released because in neutral it will move if you don't brake. What could be the problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Should be a button aft (towards the driver) of the parking brake lever. You should be able to see it if you get in there and note it's supposed to be pushed in when the pedal is released. At least I recall most being like that so odds are good yours is. I recall it being just a couple inches above the rubber foot pad but that may vary. Odds are it just needs to be adjusted, but I suppose it may be broke. I never use that brake so I have ripped out the switch before because it you just touch the pedal getting in it'll light up. Cars where it was too much work to get at I'd glue or ziptie some black plastic or rubber to the brake lever so it could sit further away, like where it ends up when I hit it with my foot, yet reach the button and push it.
Point being that you may need to do similar if yours doesn't reach to push the button now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts