Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason my C230K passenger side window is not responding to the following operations:

- Driver side window switch (up or down)
- Passenger side window switch (up or down)
- Remote key (up or down) - however the driver side window and the panaromic sun-roof works.

I could hear clicking sound on the passenger side door but the window just won't move.

Any ideas/suggestions?

8O 8O

·
Registered
1 Posts
That happened to me when I had been parking on an incline in my 2001 C240... a day later or so and a few door closes it started working.. Go figure. Same clicking sound.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
more than likely it's a bad window regulator. this is not an uncommon problem on these cars. oftentimes the wire on the regulator rips or binds up. the motors are fairly strong and are rarely the culprits in this case. if you can get the door panel off and have access to a rivet gun, they are very easy to replace. the dealership will probably charge you upwards of two hours labor for replacement.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a weird thing about a month ago with my driver's side window - the one touch down was not working, but the one touch up was working. Normal up and down worked as well. Strangely enough, I shut the car off, went to the store I had to go to, and when I got back and was ready to leave, it was working again...

We did have a window issue in our ML, but that was pretty minor - I guess the ML's are known for "bad" switches in the center console.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Benz Window Probs

The window regulator has a plastic pulley that the wires are attached to, the wires will get a loop in them if you try to open and close the window too quickly resulting in damage to both the wires and pulley. The pulley is grooved and is made from ABS plastic which , when this occurs, will shread the grooves and give you the undesireable result. If your vehicle is under warranty , take it in, if not the unit has an average price of $210.00 dollars for an oem partfrom aftermarket retailers. Most places will not seperate the motor from the regulator. I've experinced this problem twice with my 280 sport.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts