Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be interested in opinions, regards a regular problem with my CLK430 Avan. Auto.

Unless being pushed relatively hard during acceleration through the gears, at around 2500 revs when about to change up a gear, there is a noise akin to "pinking" of an engine. A sort of fluttering sound as the gears chage up. With perhaps a moments hesitation regards consistent acceleration.

As soon as the car changes up to the next gear and the rev's drop back down, the noise stops.

Thoughts appreciated as to whether this is something serious? It has been notified on a number of occassions to the dealer - but apart from topping up oil, nothing has been done to rectify the problem.

As an aside, the sound appears to be eminating from the drivers side of the gearbox - slightly forward of the box??

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Probably a stupid question, but you are using premium fuel? Other than that, I would recommend having your service facility's shop foreman go for a test drive with you to verify the noise himself. It is difficult to diagnose a noise without actually hearing it. Then it can be determined if there is something amiss, or if it just a normal noise that the car makes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts