Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello can you please advise the best diagnostic tool for this car that will scan ALL MERCEDES SYSTEMS not just engine faults / generic obd2 errors...

2003 CL600 (C215) Mercedes
(5.5L twin turbo v12 - facelift)

·
Administrator
873 Posts
You would have to invest in the Mercedes STAR SDS system.
There are lots of pirated Chinese clone copies so be careful if you go down that route!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've been looking for info on what will work on what and I've found next to no info. So basically I'm looking at spending $2500 for an Autel that I assume will do what what I want simply because it's their best model, but I really don't know if will actually do what I want. So I feel your pain... If you just want to scan only then I'm guessing an Autel in the $500+ range but again I'm unclear as to what a $1k model does in comparo. It may be one of those things where you think you're getting what you want, then that one critical feature is missing but is available in the next model up. That's my problem, I don't want to spend 1k and find out it's useless and I need the $2500 model.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered an ICARSOFT MB v2.0. Waiting to receive it. I will tell you the feedback after I get it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes please! I think for a lot of us we want to read tranny codes, which is apparently something most can't do? Again, so little info to go on...
For me, no matter what happens, I do NOT want to have the dealer or anyone do anything ever. So if I have to swap out and program a tranny, I want that ability... And if you consider the cost to have misc bs work done then a very expensive tool starts looking pretty reasonable.
Ideally I'd like to be able to alter the trans shifting to get away from the super annoying shifting bs it does now, and for that I'd pay but I don't know if any of these can alter anything at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts