Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody found any intake air leaks in c230 kompressors??
I have a po170 and a hesitation. I haven't had time to check manifold vacuum yet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check that. Can it be cleaned or does it need to be replaced? We used to clean off the old chevy ones. I forgot about MAF, Honda's don't have them. I just get lazy on my own car. Thanx

·
Registered
678 Posts
Technically, no. But I've have heard of some people successfully cleaning them off and having it run better, usually with brake clean or some other solvent.

·
Registered
37 Posts
CRC makes a spray specifically for MAFs which is supposed to not leave any residue. For some people it works for quite a while. For others the effect only lasts for a few days or weeks. $6 a can at Pep Boys and you have to look closely to find it.

Doug

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you I work next door to a pepboys I will try the spray made for it. I haven't even checked it yet...always tomorrow...on my own car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
air leak

There is a hose for the PCV that hooks into the inake manifold and where the hose meets the crankcase (really hard to see or get to without the aircleaner assembly off) That hose is really common to rott out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my air box is on the opposite side of the intake manifold, is it different on the supercharged models? I will be checking everything tommorow. Any ideas are welcome!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cleaning of the Mass Airflow sensor repaired all problems. I just made sure it was completely dry before starting car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts