Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Does anyone know how to detach the lower facia panel on the passenger side below the glove compartment? W202 C200 1995.

I've only found one screw at the middle front, which doesn't alone loosen the cover. There should be three screws according to my Haynes manual. Are the two other accessible from within the glove compartment or somewhere else? Have looked through all the circular holes without success...

By the way, is it possible to buy a MB factory manual somewhere?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
You need to remove the little floor vent against the center console. It is a black piece of plastic with a plastic screw. Turn it one quarter turn and it should pop out. Then, the panel should be able to be pulled down. Also, there should be three screws, at least there are on american models.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!
I finally succeeded when pulling with enough power. Didn't dare at first, since i didn't know how it was fastened. The cover was fastened with only one screw. I've also read that it should be three screws.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it fits perfectly and there is only one hole and screw at the upper middle on the cover beneath the glove compartment.

In addition to the screw, there are two plastic hooks/fastening mechanisms like the ones at the rear end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts