Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Newbie questions about CLK 320 or CLK 430?

This is the first time I am buying a car this expensive (let alone buying one on eBay).
I am looking at CLKs and two of them really catch my attention on ebay.

and

I have done a fair amount of due diligence but still unsure about spending that much money over the internet.. I have a few concerns that I would appreciate if anyone can address -

The 430 looks very good to me (appearance, mileage, body) Is it worth it to go back an additional two years (2003 to 2001) and get the 2001 430 versus the 2003 320?

The mileage on the 430 is very low (50ks). Does it look too good to be true?

I have looked at both sellers' eBay ratings and they are good. But ratings for the 430 seller elsewhere on the internet are POOR. Based on looking at the listing and what's listed on there, would it be a wise choice for me to go with either one?

Should I get the car inspected before I pay for it?

I would appreciate if you can provide some input or feedback before I spend $15000 cash (which is a significant amount of money for me )

·
Administrator
864 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Buying a car from eBay can be fraught with problems. I think you need to make up your mind, or to where your heart takes you, of the two cars.
You then need to take your own good advice, and have the car thoroughly checked by a competent MB technician.
It may be expensive, but in the long run it will save you a lot of money.

I bought both of my SL500 from eBay, and both have been, and still are, very good value for money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts