Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am now getting ready to put Mobil 1 in for oil. THanks
A problem that came up recently is that the glow light stopped going on. I wait about 30 seconds and then start but I have not yet figured out if it is the bulb or the plug. Any thoughts on an easy way to check.

Also I notice that the car does not have much power going up long steep grades but has get up and go on straight aways. Could this relate to a glow plug not working. Do these type of symptoms indicate changing all the glow plugs, or?

WOuld appreciate any info. THanks, MArc

·
Registered
191 Posts
MArc:

You have two different issues here.

PRE-GLOW SYSTEM light not lighting is probably the fault indication that one or more of your plugs are no longer working. This couls also be a problem with the pre glow system main fuse (80 amp) or least likely a wiring or bulb failure. I would begin by disconnecting the main plug wire connector and checking the resistance (ohms) across each plug.

LOW POWER ON INCLINES indicates a likely problem with the fuel enrichment system (ALDA) or poor fuel delivery (clogged filters or blocked line). Less likely possibilities would include a clogged exhaust system or exhaust gas turbocharger problem. I would start with the fuel enrichment system.

-Scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts