Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed when I trun the steering wheel all way to right or left and on slow motion that it seems like there are some soft spots where the wheel feels like the tires are slipping. I asked a auto mechanic to check my observation while the car on jacks for tires rotation. He noticed the same thing. They recomend replacement of the whole gear box assembly. It could be faluty or have some air bubbles. There are no external leak. I added some steering fluid three years ago because it was alost half full but never added any since. Is it possible that there are air bubbles in the gear box and how can i bleed it. I do my own maintenance when I can. Thanks

·
Registered
678 Posts
The power steering system is bled by simply turning the wheel lock to lock about 20-30 times. If you haven't cracked the system open in 3 years, and kept the fluid level full, the system should be air free.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steeribg gear box bleeding

Well, normal driving condition will not count a for the 20-30 times?
Should I open the reservoir cap or leave it closed when I do this turning the wheel and do you realy think that I have air bubbles in the system? thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts