Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in Sri Lanka. My C class is a W 205 manufactured in 2017. I have been getting this warning for the last week. This problem does not occur soon as the car is started. Every time the warning comes on only after about 6minuts while on the move. When the engine is switched off and after abut 10minuts the error is not there any more. I noticed that even after the warning comes, most of the pre safe functions are working ie. front rear collision warning - when bikes come close from the rear and when vehicles stop suddenly in front, lane keep assit. etc. Also noticed the USB charging on the phone says it is slow charging. (This I feel also happened during the same time.)
Went to the dealer in Sri Lanka and they want me to replace the A253 900 44 02 - Control unit. at a cost of $2000.
I am not 100% convinced its the part.
Has any one come across the same problem? Any advice.

· Administrator
1993 SL500, 1998 SL500 Pano Top, 2005 ML270Cdi.
988 Posts
I am in Sri Lanka. My C class is a W 205 manufactured in 2017. I have been getting this warning for the last week. This problem does not occur soon as the car is started. Every time the warning comes on only after about 6minuts while on the move. When the engine is switched off and after abut 10minuts the error is not there any more. I noticed that even after the warning comes, most of the pre safe functions are working ie. front rear collision warning - when bikes come close from the rear and when vehicles stop suddenly in front, lane keep assit. etc. Also noticed the USB charging on the phone says it is slow charging. (This I feel also happened during the same time.)
Went to the dealer in Sri Lanka and they want me to replace the A253 900 44 02 - Control unit. at a cost of $2000.
I am not 100% convinced its the part.
Has any one come across the same problem? Any advice.
Did the dealer check with STAR SDS ? If yes were there any error codes showing?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please find below the error code
Diagnosis Identifier 000014 Control unit variant SMPC222_SMPC_AEJ14_000020

Event - B229B97
Text - The field of view of component A40/13 (Stereo Multifunction camera) is completely restricted. The system function is restricted.
Status - S

Regards
Pradeep

· Super Moderator
1997 SL500 Sport pano triple black 2010 R350 - sold 2014 E350 - sold
151 Posts
I don’t know anything about that system, but the error text would lead me to check that the camera unit is not blocked.

· Administrator
1993 SL500, 1998 SL500 Pano Top, 2005 ML270Cdi.
988 Posts
I don’t know anything about that system, but the error text would lead me to check that the camera unit is not blocked.
Agreed!
I found this text on another site with someone with the same error code.

Font Rectangle Number Circle Paper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts