Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ordered a new C230K Hatchback with the wheel package.

I live in Jersey, and have been told that come winter, I will need different tires. Anybody have an opinion?

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
The max performance tires with the wheel package are almost useless on snow and ice. A couple members of another board purchased steel wheels and snow tires. The steel wheels are only about $50 each, but are pretty ugly. I bought some Mille Miglia wheels for about $125 each and wrapped them with Bridgestone Blizzak tires. For best, results get them in the standard size, 205/55-16. You will also need to get all four. They way snow tires are made these day makes getting just two sort of dangerous.

·
Registered
43 Posts
c7 rims package

I would purchase a complete winter set of tires and rims. Dunlop m2 snows are the tires recommeded by mercedes ,audi, bmw. With the past winter as a example in the northeast this is a must. The tire rack has a lot of new reasonable priced rims, try getting a light alloy rims if possible.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I purchased the same wheels as Lynn, also in 16" size. Lynn is correct when he states that steel wheels are ugly. IMHO.

As with thomas, Dunlop Winter Sport M2 tires were purchased. With traction control, I was able to get out of any jam encountered this past winter.

My combo was purchased at Tirerack and included the proper lug bolts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts