Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Just picked up my new 230k sedan the other day. By the time I arrived home, my new 7 spokes matched my car. (black) I have seen this on BMW cars. Coming from a Lexus and I never experienced this personally. I know it is very normal and has everything to do with the componds used for braking surfaces.

Does anybody have any tricks they could share on products you actually use that can help to mitigate the dust? Is there anything recommended that does not carry an electric charge etc.... Anything to help me not have to clean them up every other day.

I have used neverdull in the past. My old IS had the natural finish rims. I fear the 7 spokes will scratch or will otherwise be ruined if I use that product here. The back of the label clearly states its use on laquered or protected surfaces is not recommended.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

You would be correct. Nothing like brake dust to bring out a nice shine in the car's body finish. :^)

How do you like the standard? I was reading your sig. I was forced into an automatic, but with all the construction here in Tampa recently, I don't feel sighted. We tend to spend lots more time standing still that in recent past. Thankfully, I have lots of gadgets to learn how to use and that keeps me busy!

B

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I am very happy with the six speed. It was special ordered because there weren't any in St. Louis when I needed another car. I drove an automatic coupe for 77 days while waiting for my current car. The auto is a great auto, although I think the manumatic feature is useless. Way too much delay in the shifts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts