Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen many posts where people are getting anywhere from $500 to $2,000 off the MSRP for a new C230WZ...

How is that possible and is it possible if I order one special?

Any tips for the final purchase of my new C230? It should be arriving sometime in late January.

·
Registered
31 Posts
oneoldkid said:
I have seen many posts where people are getting anywhere from $500 to $2,000 off the MSRP for a new C230WZ...

How is that possible and is it possible if I order one special?

Any tips for the final purchase of my new C230? It should be arriving sometime in late January.
The reason we were given for the discount is that it was a holiday weekend special (we got it 30AUG03 - what was that, Labor Day). Anyway, we got an additional $500 off because we were repeat Mercedes Benz customers. Since no dealerships in San Diego had any C230WZMT's, there was a $350 shipping/transfer charge that they waived as well. We thought this was bogus until we went to another dealership in SD and not only did they have a shipping/transfer charge, but 1) they wouldn't waive it and 2) it was $395!!! Needless to say, that is not where we purchased our C from (but it is where we purchased our ML from 3 years ago).

Just like going back and forth from Discount Tire Co. to Costo, I'd go back and forth from dealer to dealer until neither one will come down any more. Just let them know that you don't badly nead a car! That's how we got ~$6k off of our ML!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts