Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear friends,

I have a problem with my Mercedes Benz c200 cdi, year is 2006. Avantgarde with original 165 tkm on the clock and automatic gearbox.

In the last couple of days car is acting strange, I can feel small kick when starting and car is going to the, for example 2 200 rpm then suddenly drops to 1700 without gear change. Rpm needle are fluctuating when I'm driving on the same amount of throttle, especially uphill( jumps 100 rpm at the time).

And I noticed that it takes a long for the car to go to the running temperature, and it never goes more than 80 C.

Mercedes Benz service is to far away from me( more than 200 kilometers) and I can not go to it for the next 20 days or so becouse of the work.

Please help me, what seems to be the problem and can I fix it at the local mechanic?

Thank you in advance

·
Administrator
142 Posts
It is possible that the thermostat is not fully closing and not allowing the car to warm up.

However that may not be what is causing the transmission problems you describe. In order
to know for sure see if the local mechanic can check the codes for the transmission. It is
possible that the speed sensor in the conductor plate is starting to fail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts