Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:?:
Hi All,
I just bought a 1998 SLK230 Kompressor. I love it! What I am wondering is what products can I use to keep it looking good. Like, what can I use that is similar to ArmorAll for the dash that is water-based? What is a good car wash, leather treatment, etc. that is not necessarily MB?

The dealership I bought it from said I could use anything I wanted........ that doesn't quite sound right. Can anyone give me some suggestions?
thank you,
~ziza

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've been using Griot's Garage products for about 8 years now. I've never been disappointed with any of their products. They have a lifetime satisfaction guarantee, but I've never had to use it.

I've done my bosses car (sucking up doesn't hurt), neighbors cars, etc. All look professionally detailed when done. Even the ones in 'rough' shape when starting. Just did our cars this past week. My wife's '99 Passat looks better than new, and the Black C230Sport is perfect.

My recommendation is to get a Porter Cable random-orbital buffer (not a 12 volt unit from an auto parts store). Using this buffer provides a much better job that you can do by hand, and it makes it much quicker and easier to polish/wax the car. Without it, I don't think that you can achieve perfection.

As for vinyl/rubber dressings, try from Griot's. The finish is a satin finish - and the dash or tires look like new (NOT like someone smeared vaseline on them).

Other great products for maintaining you Benz are: Klasse, Xymol, Meguire's, Zaino.

All of these companies produce top quality products. If you pick from one of these companies, you can't go wrong.

Try www.Griotsgarage.com, www.zainostore.com, www.properautocare.com.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

I've spent a lot of time at local autoparts stores attempting to find a water-based protectant. I was looking at Meguire's and it looked right, but it didn't say on the label. I've always felt good w/ Meguire's, so maybe I'll stick with them. However, I can't tell if any of their detailing products are water-based. I did write the phone # down and maybe I'lll call them.

Thank you,
~ziza
ps I already have their full line of wash/wax products which I use on my 1996 2-door RAV-4 (can't buy 'em anymore) and I've always been pleased.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another car product brand

Does anyone here recommend Mother's products? I have a friend with a car just like mine (okay, later year and different color) who swears by it.
:?:

·
Registered
6 Posts
if you buy the car care products from the Mercedes dealership, even though it is called Mercedes-Benz, the front label states that all the products are made by Meguires. so Meguires is factory approved. but it may be a different formulation that the store bought Meguires.

i use Zymol myself but i hear alot about Zaino.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
car care products

I have used many car care products over the years. I really like Griot products very good quality, a little pricey. Mother products are good and a lot cheaper. I do not think they last as long as griot products. For a average price of 10.00-15.00 range , Meguiars wax offers the best products. These products are all for waxing done by hand. Orbital waxing machines do the best job. Again Groit products perform very well with Orbital waxing machine. A little tip you must wax a car at least 5-6 times a year to keep a new look condtion at all times. Wahing is a must also at least once a week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts