Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster...
What is the C7 option? When building my 230k coupe on MBUSA, I can't find that option package.

Great website! Hoping to be a coupe owner within the year, and this site difinately helps in the research aspect. I have also checked out Csportscoupe.com, but is seems like 16 year olds are the only people who post.

Thanks.
bigsport

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think its the same as the evolution package with 17' wheels. I'm not positive though I'm fairly new as well.

Alex

·
Registered
1,950 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It states there is leather shifter, but have they actually shortened the shift rod in the c7?

Not mentioned in the description are the deletion of the exhaust resonator, and the short throw shfter for the six speed transmission.[/quote]

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
bigsport said:
It states there is leather shifter, but have they actually shortened the shift rod in the c7?

Not mentioned in the description are the deletion of the exhaust resonator, and the short throw shfter for the six speed transmission.
[/quote]

Yes, they shortened the shift lever, and there is another change in the shifter, but I am not sure what it is. I drove a standard car several times before getting the C7 and the difference is significant.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Lynn said:
Yes, they shortened the shift lever, and there is another change in the shifter, but I am not sure what it is. I drove a standard car several times before getting the C7 and the difference is significant.
Lynn, does the C7 shifter have a lighter spring pre-load into the 3-4 channel than the standard shifter?
I'm happy with the standard shifter except for the heavy spring-loading.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Bob, I really don't remember difference in spring loading. Since I do remember the shorter throws and smoother feel, I'm inclined to say the spring loading was the same. Best thing to do is try to test drive a car with C7. Or even just sit in one and work the shifter.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Lynn said:
C230K said:
C7 OPTION IS A MUST if you are getting the COUPE, most band for the buck.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Really? I didn't get a band with C7, just Bose with C5. :lol:
Lynn - you got ripped off. My C7 came with a band. They sit in the spacious rear of the car and take requests all during my communte. Just one comment though - ten minute break my ass... they take at least 20. :lol:

·
Banned
175 Posts
ok ok so my typing is not the best and I get in a hurry, please read between the lines. I will slow down and read before I post, you all are just to quick. Here in Florida band = bang. :oops: :oops:
tks
Tom

·
Registered
175 Posts
C230K - Just a fun jab.. couldn't resist. But seriously (to the point): I would probably not have ordered C7, letting my practical side overrule in favor of all season radials. But since I bought from stock and have it, I have to admit that it really sets off the car. I love the wheels. Not too crazy about the tire tread wear though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts