Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I presently have the staggered rims on my car 7.5 on the front and 8.5 on the rear. Will it be a problem replacing the 8.5 rear rims with 7.5 like the ones on the front. So I will have 7.5 size rims on all 4 wheels. Will this be a problem? Thanks for any info on this. My car is a 2004 C230K sedan with the Stock rims and I am keeping this rim design.
Steve

·
Registered
678 Posts
My question is why would you want to do that? You CAN do it, then use 225/45/17's all the way around. The older 203 sports were like this. But throwing smaller wheels and tires on the back, you'll make the car more prone to oversteering. But if you really, REALLY want to, you should be able to do it without any other problems.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just checked the Mercedes website and they offer 7.5 or 8.5 on the rears. At the time I purchased mine all they had were 7.5 front and 8.5 rear. You can use the same size tire and rotate them hopefully getting more miles out of the set. As long as they fit I think I am going to do this.
Since they off 7.5 all the way around it should not cause any type of steering problem or I guess they would not seel it with 7.5's. Does anyone have the 7.5' on all wheels on a C230K sedan?
Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have an 04 C230 K sedan. My winter blizzaks are all 7.5's and my summers are staggered. I believe it is stated inside the drivers side door panel the size tire that is recommended. Check out www.tirerack.com! :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts