Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question:

How come there are only a few wheels listed for a 2004 C230K Sport Sedan, while all other 2004 C-Class models have so many (i.e. C240). I was looking at getting the W203 Wheel, a wheel that is even offered by MB as an accessory for my car. However, you don't have it listed. Why is this? I thought it might be because of the larger '04.5 front brakes, but these same wheels fit the C32, so that can't be true.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The wheel I want is a 17". It is the same exact wheel that is used OEM on the CLK 500 (and previously on the last CLK 430). Also, this wheel is listed as fitting on a C32 which has bigger front brakes than a C230K. I am not sure if the AMG has the same thickness in caliper, but I would imagine it not to be smaller.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
C, CLK, SLK, and W210 E wheels are interchangable as long as you pay attention to the brake calipers. The AMG calipers on the C32, CLK55 and SLK32 are slightly larger than the calipers used on the Sport Sedans and the CLK500. The wheels for the CLK500 will fit your car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Lynn. I am getting the my AMG wheels put on today. I like the balance of the new sport suspension on the C230K for Philly's awful roads and wanted to keep a clean looking 17" on my car (w/ staggered width). I think these AMG's should do it. I will post pics once my Euro bumper strips from EVOsport get here with my flat emblem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts