Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is my dilemma. I am buying a Mercedes 300E car. And am kind of questioning the year of the vehicle. At first the dude told me it was a 1994. Then he told me it was an 87 with a 1994 engine. Then he said he just claims it as an 87 so as to lower his insurance on it. He told me that the only difference in appearance is the rear center tail light. That the 94 has it and the 87 doesnt. Being that I bougt this car and it is from europe I really have no idea to go about finding out what exact year it is. If anyone has any ideas as to what the difference in appearance is between the different years of the 300E I would really appreciate it if you could tell me what they are. Or tell me how to go about finding out what years it is. Like if there is a number or two in the VIN that identifies it as a certain year??? Thanks for any help provided.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Take the car's VIN to the dealer

Using the car's VIN, the dealers can check their computers and tell you exactly what year your car is. You may be able to do this over the phone. Just tell them your situation and I'm sure they'll try everything to help you out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok well I checked my VIN online here and was told something that cannot be true. I mean it told me my car was of the W124 chassis and it was a 300E modeal but it also told me that my car is a 2001. Yeah right! I mean it is in really good condition but I really want to know what is up! All of this just doesnt add up and I am trying to figure why it isnt. Here is a picture of it. If anyone can tell me anything I would be glad to now. Because it obviously isnt a 2001 and I just dont know anything about it yet and would like to that way if I need to replace anything on it I know which year I got to order them for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts