Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I had to replace my 1995 E300D recently and I went with a 2005 E320CDI. I have a few questions that I hope you can answer.

1. My "CD" light for the single CD player is "greyed out" on the COMAND system screen. I have a CD changer in the car and NAV system. There is a single CD slot about the COMAND screen. Is this broken? Or does the CD changer render the single CD inoperable? Is the single CD to upload Maps for the NAV system?

2. When I press the TEL button on the COMAND system, it says "Telephone Not Installed." The users manual implies that I can "install" a phone by putting my cell phone in the Telephone cradle. Is this true? I could not locate the telephone cradle and there is no picture of it in the manual. Is it possible for me to tie my regular Sprint cell phone into the car's phone system? I don't want to have to buy a Mercedes phone just to use the in-car system. If I have to have the Telephone capabilities installed, does anyone know the approx. cost?

3. It appears that there is a jack in the glove compartment to allow for an mp3 player to go through the AUX part of the Audio system. However, there is no mention of this in the manual. Am I correct? Is this jack to connect external audio devices?

Thanks so much for your help. I hope this car is as fun and reliable as my other one (250K miles before it was totalled by an SUV).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts