Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
does it matter?

seriously: even if you get to the finish line a second or two later--which i doubt--you get there in a benz.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you do or you don't think i can take him? well here's some specs. he has a 92 240sx hatch, stick, no mods. i have a c230k, auto, no mods. who do you think would win?

·
Registered
263 Posts
The coupe is a very heavy car for its size, over 3340 pounds with an auto. It may depend on the horsepower and torque numbers.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Although the 240 is much lighter, and has a better suspension than the 230, a race between the two is quite even because you have substantially more horsepower than he does. One of my best friends drives a 95 240, which has the same engine as the 92 240. He and I have raced a few times (I have a stick 230). In a strait line the benz will win because of the horsepower, however in country roads the 240 gives it quite a run for its money because it is so much more nimble. Personally, I'd say that because his car is older than my freinds, it would be even slower due to engine wear and suspension wear. Sooooo, you should be able to clean up on him. That is, of course, unless you get outdriven... In which case you can just send him my way. Oh yeah, and in a race, a stomp and go automatic will never be as good as a manual.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahahaha

hey people, i have a confession to make. i drive a 240sx and my friend has a c230k. are you people serious? he can take me? i dunno... maybe cuz my suspension's a little messed up right now (in the process of getting parts) but otherwise, i dunno... it's a damn heavy car, even for the power. oh and by the way, stick is not always better in a drag race.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts