Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just bought a 2002 slk 32 amg with factory installed radio/cassette unit in dash. Instead of buying a 6-cd changer for the trunk, I'd prefer the in-dash radio cd unit that comes standard in European slk's. Anyone know if one can be obtained for a North American car and if so where? Mercedes Canada told me there was no compatibility between a European-purchased radio cd unit and a North American car and that I'm stuck with having to buy the cd changer for the trunk. Thanks, jdbcan.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
You can buy a Becker Audio 10 cd player headunit. The only issue is the European AM band is somewhat different then the North American AM band. You can probably find one on German ebay, but contact Steve Krabbenborg at [email protected] or through his web page at www.MBenz.nl

Steve is the Euro parts guru. I bought a COMAND from him and he installed it in my car. He either has or has access to many parts otherwise unobtainable in North America.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
radio cd for slk 320

Thanks very much, I'll check it out and let you know. Really appreciate the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts