Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys Im new here, I just got myself a 99 c230k. When I turned the radio on It said "CODE" but the previous owner dosent know it. How can I get this code??? I want to know anyway that I could fix the radio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Radio Code

Hi All,

I'm new here, but I just bought a 300SE and had the same radio code problem. The radio was a Kenwood, so after checking all over town on my own, I called the Kenwood 800 number for customer service, they directed me to one of two service centers in my area, and that place "decoded" my radio for fifty bucks. Now it is a decoded radio, and my wallet is fifty bucks lighter!

Oh well, I got a good deal on the car, and a new radio would have cost more than that. Also, I am riding free on Sirius satellite radio until the previous owner's subscription runs out :D

Steve

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings!
I just joined the forum today. I have a 98 E320 which I purchased last year and let sit in my garage for a while. The battery died and I replaced it. My radio does not come on now. All i have is the "CODE"
message.
I just called a Mercedes dealer and the young lady in the service department told me to bring it by (with the registration) and they will reset it for free. :)

Terry

·
Registered
6 Posts
The easest way to get your radio code (hopefully it has not been replaced)
is by calling roadside assistance out for a jumpstart. When the tech comes out he or she has to reset the radio code. So basiclly you get the radio code delivered to you, without going to the dealer ( & the roadside tech gets paid for the call unless he or she is a trainee).The only thing is that you may have to be wait because the tech may be busy on other calls. Just leave a light on & make sure that when they finish jumpstarting the vehicle they call in the radio code for you to New Jersey ( mbusa call center location ). Now the call center dispatcher is not alowed to give you a radio code so don't even try to ask them or you may not get the tech to come out to you. this does not apply to older vehicles where the face has to come off. All Mercedes-benz have roadside Assistance for fuel ( up to 3 gallons ), jumpstart & flat tire replacement. 1 800 222 0100

·
Registered
6 Posts
The easest way to get your radio code (hopefully it has not been replaced)
is by calling roadside assistance out for a jumpstart. When the tech comes out he or she has to reset the radio code. So basiclly you get the radio code delivered to you, without going to the dealer ( & the roadside tech gets paid for the call unless he or she is a trainee).The only thing is that you may have to be wait because the tech may be busy on other calls. Just leave a light on & make sure that when they finish jumpstarting the vehicle they call in the radio code for you to New Jersey ( mbusa call center location ). Now the call center dispatcher is not alowed to give you a radio code so don't even try to ask them or you may not get the tech to come out to you. this does not apply to older vehicles where the face has to come off. All Mercedes-benz have roadside Assistance for fuel ( up to 3 gallons ), jumpstart & flat tire replacement. 1 800 222 0100

·
Registered
678 Posts
The code is different for every car, and is retrievable by the dealer using the serial number of the radio or using the VMI if the radio has not been replaced. Just take it to the dealer with your registration. probably 95% of the dealers out there won't charge you for it. That 5% should probably be avoided any further.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Radio Code

I called the dealer listed in the manual as I was the 2nd owner. The dealer was in Oklahoma City and I was on the West Coast. They provided it for me over the phone---free. Good Dealer!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can get your code give me your VIN and I will get it at no charge!!
Hi ! I'm new to Benz and Board with a 97 E420. Battery disconnected for storage -now Radio says CODE. It would be nice to have radio while I learn how drive this wonderful new toy.

My Vin# WDBJF72F4VA211392

Any help appreciated . Thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts