Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

Have a 2005 c230kss and since I bought it new about every third or fourth time I turn on the car the Sirius stays on Aquiring and will not pick up unless I shut off the car, take out the key, turn it back on and then it works. Now its starting to do this with plain radio, too. What in the world is going on?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
You are not alone

My 2005 c230 coupe does the same. Alpine(?) is aware this is WIDE SPREAD. A new Sirius module was due to be released April 18th, but I haven't heard yet. My dealer will get and swap it when it exists. I think it is the algorithem they use to find the satelites. In bad reception areas it is worse.

To some extent I am more concerned with the way the module uses the screen. I am afraid I'll be in an accident for all the buttons I have to push. The steering wheel now controls volume only and the type face on the radio is so large the information on the screen list things like 'Cast of....'

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2005 C230 SS. It took 3 times to go to the dealer. First time they only changed the antenna. Second time, they checked all the connections and said it was good. 15 minutes after leaving the dealer, I shopped at a store. When I came out and started the car, the same problem you mention happened 8O . I immediately went back to the dealer and showed the tech the "aquiring signal" message. They troubleshot some more and finally changed out the satelite module.

I still occasionally get the error message, but I think I will wait till the next time I am in the dealership area of town.

The dealership has a troubleshooting matrix they have to do and they have to get some approval from MB to change out the satelite control module.

Let me know how your prob goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts