Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All,
Does anybody want this stuff?¿ I live in the desert so I don't have to deal with it. How do the people in the northwest live with this. Can't wait for summer and 100° temps.:D

·
Registered
118 Posts
It's one of the big reasons I'm in the process of moving away from the northwest.
But now I'm not sure. Seems we're the only ones having nice sunny weather 8)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah, N. Utah. They actually have 4 seasons there, and an economy that, while not exciting, is at least stable. I've had enough of this state. We have 2 seasons, rainy, and dry rain. And an economy that's totally dependant on how well Boeing is doing.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hey Frank,

It's looking kind of greenish down your way. Any chance of poppies? ;-)

I think I could have done some windsurfing on the "dry" lakebed today...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Howdy Neil,
There is a lot of yellow already mixed in with that green. People who think we need all this rain will regret it by spring. We have weeds in the yard that are almost waist high now. If the rain stays away until Monday I will get to run the dogs Sunday morning then do my weeding after we get back.
The dry lake has had water in it since Thanksgiving. SCTA might have to cancel some of the early trials. How is it up there?¿

·
Registered
584 Posts
We have the green here too. My newly sodded backyard looks great and needs a mow, but the front yard is showing that it needs fertilizer. The hills are very green with the yellow flowers, and some of the overpasses are showing orange (poppies). I think this is going to make for an impressive spring scenery. IIRC, a couple of years ago Gorman was showing an impressive display, looking like something out of "what dreams may come".
It really is impressive how the desert springs to life with just a little water. I guess I'm just showing that I really have not been out here that long.

...And of course everything is still very wet. Rosamond lake bed is full up to, and in some areas over, the road going onto base. When the winds kick up in the evening, there is even a small surf. I have really missed the green stuff, but the wildfires are going to be punishing this summer when it all dries out. Good thing I just got a huge firesafe and I'm properly insured.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Howdy Neil,
Like somone said on an NG I participate in Rain=insects & weeds. I know several people who have trouble with pollen in normal years so this is going to be real tough. Everything in the food chain will increase so that means more snakes. Not good with a new pup running around here.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yeah, I was confused by that too. I spent a perfectly good weekend doing indoor work instead of playing outside. At least my tile work is now done and the baseboards are all cut. I got home today and mowed the lawn. All this rain had made it pretty shaggy.

Maybe now I can take care of some much deferred maintenance on my vehicles....

-Neil

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Howdy All,
Doesn't this stuff ever quit?¿ We had another storm come through last night and the roads have puddles in them again. Now we arewaiting for another storm. Where is my sunshine?¿

·
Registered
584 Posts
I hear ya, Frank! The lakebed has flooded over the road going onto base, and they have tried building up the berms on the side with dirt. I don't think they thought of it keeping the water IN....

Anyway, I too am waiting for my sunny days so that I can take my final checkrides to get my #@%& pilot's license. So close yet so far...

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
So after waking up to a balmy 45 this morning (6am), I am now down by the lake (9am) experiencing torrential snow flurries and freezing temperatures. Isn't it supposed to get warmer as the day progresses? I can't believe I was thinking about switching back to my summer tires last weekend.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts