Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The torrential rains of the NorthEast are leaking into my car. I noticed that while I was driving (while it was raining), the front passenger side floor was wet. I inspected it closer and saw water dripping from under the dashboard onto the floor mats on the passenger side. Are there holes under the hood to drain rainwater out so it doesn't seep into the car? Could these holes be cloged or something and therefore forcing the water to leak into the car?

Please HELP!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'd pop your hood and look at the water drains near the wipers. Check to see if they're clogged with leaves and debris. They may be causing water to leak into your module box, and that might be how it get's into the interior.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I removed the seive like plastic things next to the wipers and cleaned underneath. However, the problem still persists. Is this a common problem with the hoses (that move away rain water) getting cloged? Is there an easy fix or do I need the dealer? Can a regular mechanic wash out the hoses?

By the way, what is the module box?

I need help soon...expecting rain tonight!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Have you ruled out that it might be coolant leaking from the heater core? Exactly what year and model are we dealing with?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not an expert at these things, but everytime it rains the car gets flooded. I just doubt that it has anything to do with coolant..etc. This is a 1999 C280 sport.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
A quick and dirty method is to smell the fluid leaking into the car. Does it smell like antifreeze?? I am not Mercedes savvy, but most cars have a system to drain water out to the bottom of the car. Usually it consists of tubing of some sort. You may want to see if your car has this type of set up and if it has clogged.

I had an issue with the sunroof drains on my old car. I would have to go out and "squeeze the nipples" to clear the drains of dirt and gunk. My girlfriend found it funny that i was out there squeezing nipples.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm curious if this issue was resolved. I'm having the same problem with my 2009 C350. When it rains, there is rain water leaking below the glove box onto the floor mat. The more heavy the rain, the more it leaks. Very strange. I'll have to contact a dealership if someone here doesn't have an answer to this strange problem. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
it seems the water drains are blocked we normally encounter this problems here when parking under a tree what you need to do is remove both front tyres and removing the plastic cover on the wheel arc you will see two plastic tubings or you will see two rubbers called gromets remove them pour water from up and check if it is coming till down and also near the ac housing the same when it gets blocked it seeps water through the blower making the floor mat wet hope this will help

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts