Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All,
Last Sat. took the pup to a clinic to train him about rattlers. I have taken one of my other dogs and she hasn't had a need for the training but she passed the test. Now the little guy has been to one and he passed the test. He will go back in a year for a refresher course. If you have a dog and you live in snake country you might want to see if someone does the training in your area.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yeah, those mojave greens do worry me a bit out here but I keep the dog on a leash all the time. I didn't know they had doggie classes for snakes though. Cool!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy Neil,
Those Mojave Greens are the nasty ones. Some dogs don't need the training because they are afraid of the snakes. My guys are in the field and they would stick their nose too close just out of curiosity. Now they won't do that, but they still could get hit if they don't know the snake is around.
OT. The So. Cal. timing association is running time trials on El Mirage both Sat & Sun. I can watch it from work.

·
Registered
584 Posts
OT. The So. Cal. timing association is running time trials on El Mirage both Sat & Sun. I can watch it from work.
That should be fun to watch. I know some land sailing is scheduled for El Mirage tomorrow as well. I think I am bound to the house for some rest (sleeping in), some yardwork, and then there is a cruise-in at the rosamond airport starting at 5:00. The Porsche club is going to be there, so I guess I'll take my 928.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Some day, but not tomorrow. I need to do a little work on the car before it is trackworthy. Unfortunately, all my vehicles need something right now. The Porsche needs a valve cover gasket before I can use it as a daily driver (oil on the exh. manifold makes an embarrassing stink) and before tracking the car I want to put in an oil baffle to prevent a known oil starvation problem that happens with high RPMs combined with tight corners.

Now, I'm sure you were just hoping for a simple "yes" or "no'... :oops: :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts