Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a set of Brembo rear rotors for my 95 E320 wagon. I have had them on the car for 30 days, and I took the car into my indy to have the brake fluid flushed. He said I have the wrong rotors on the rear, they should be vented. The outside piston on each caliper is extended and not making contact on the outer edge of the pad. The inside piston is not making much contact. He indicated this was very dangerous. I contacted the supplier of the rotors and they insisted the rotors were correct. Who is correct?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rusty, I did check directly with Brembo also. They make a rear solid rotor for my chasis w124 but only up til 1993. So, I do have the wrong rotor for my chasis.
Thanks again for help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rear rotors vented vs solid 94 or newer W124

I removed the wrong rotors last night. The outside pistons on each wheel were extended all the way out. The inside pistons were not extended at all.
One of the outside pistons was stuck extended, and took a little bit of muscle on the C clamp to move it back inside. I put the new set of Balo vented rotors on with no issues. The supplier of the original Brembo solid rotors are refunding price plus shipping. I hope they are updating their database so this does not happen to someone else with a 94on up W124.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts