Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently added to my family's little collection. A first-year W124 to go along with dad's W126 and mom's W163.

Here's a little photoshop action for dramatic effect:

In any case, for an almost two decade old car, this little gem has barely 115k miles, and looks pretty much new on the inside. Bought it from the original owner (elderly gentleman who took great care of it).

(That Becker radio is out of there now, its place taken by a Blaupunkt cd/mp3 unit)

The rims were faded a bit, so my dad painted them the standard Mercedes 140 silbergrau. That's about as good as 15s can look :p

OK, that's all for now :D

Thoughts, opinions and suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to ask my question:

For some reason, my car is in somewhat high rpms while cruising on the freeway. Something like 3500rpm at about 75-80 mph. Is this normal or is my tranny f*****?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, didn't mean to wreck your whole day by posting about my old car. Some of us are college students and can't afford the latest and greatest. :roll:

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Not meaning to come across like a snob. I work for a dealer and don't have any first-hand experience with anything on the car. I know cars from about the mid 90's on. That's all I was trying to say. Chill brother, we're all friends here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey cowtownballin. that pretty much normal rpm range for that year mbz. that's only a 4 speed tranny so rpm's will be that high at those speeds. no worries about your car. i just bought an 86 300E myself. love those 124's. benz really had it right when they built those cars.

if u have anymore questions, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Aw man!!!!!

You got the best benz in the WORLD!

I got a 87 300E and it runs like a BEAUTY!

You will never ever ever want to drive a piece of s**t japanese car after that benz.

About your RPMs thou, I don't really know, I'll have to notice them next time I'm on the freeway and I'll get back to you on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts