Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new C230 Kompressor sedan. Several times during the day, when starting out from a light or even just accelerating slowly, the engine just stalls out. It doesn't quit running, it justs acts like it has lost all power. It's a bit scary when it does that and the car behind me is still accelerating. The MB dealership cannot find the problem. I have it in there now for the third time! Apparently, it they don't see it on their computer, they are baffled. Any ideas? I have two of these c230's, so it's not anything about my footwork, etc. It's a very noticeable stall, as though you've taken your foot completely off the gas pedal. :cry:

·
Registered
11 Posts
RE: Idle Problems

That's a tough one.... It could be tons of things...

I would check idle contact throttle switch first. After that, it could be the idle stabilizer or oxygen sensor.

All of these should have thrown a code though....

Can you tell me how many miles are on the car and other problems you've had in the past?

--Frank

·
Registered
11 Posts
Stalling

I would try bringing it to another dealer, just to make sure that the original dealer isn't missing something for some reason.

If that doesn't help, you may have to lemon law it. Be warned though, if you are thinking about using the lemon law, make sure you have all paperwork proving that the dealer could not fix the problem before you go down that road. Often these documents "disappear" from the dealer once they are aware that you are leaning that way.

Hopefully you have a good dealer and won't have to go down that road though...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey Driller, I just had the same problem. The mechanic thought I was crazy at first. Then they decided to blame it on a faulty ESP and replaced the module. IT happened again. This time we told the mechanic to drive the car himself because the problem does go away if you turn the car off. Well he experienced the same problem trying to accelerate onto a highway (he got honks and dirty looks). I guess he finally believed me. He had the computer diagnosticstuff with him. The car has been there ever since (two weeks) while they waited for a part to arrive from Germany. Picking it up today so as soon as I get a proper diagnostic I will let you know.

·
Registered
98 Posts
yep it was the gas pedal sensor and they also replaced another sensor, I think it was the fuel something or other. Sorry for the lack of technical terms... if you need more details let me know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This car has a top secret updated engine control unit.
you need to go to a dealer and ask to speak to a shop foreman.(you say
brand new car, i assume it's a 203 chassis with the 271. engine.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts