Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best way to go about removing the lettering from the back of the car without causing any damage? I assume they're just glued on, so I was thinking of using bug and tar remover. If anyone's got tips, please share. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Labels.

I got a '03 C230K loaded with the HID headlights and all.
I took off the 1.8 labels on the side and it was very simple. I just pulled them out (they're glued) and then with water and a rag, I cleaned out the glue. I had to apply a bit of Thiner at times, but it really worked and no paint damage at all. The KOMPRESSOR part should be the same. Just be sure to be gentle and take your time!

[email protected]
San Francisco, CA

J~

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'm picking up the car next week from the dealership, so I actually contacted them and they're gonna do the removal and have it all ready for me when I get it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
just curious... why are you removing it? and are you planning on replacing it w/ different letter cfgs?

·
Registered
40 Posts
definitely helps...looks better in that pic than it did in the other one.

Not fair..you guys get funky number plates over there....over here we get plain boring white and yellow plates with BIG mumbers on them :(

·
Registered
29 Posts
Somebody peeled some of the letters so i have to remove the whole "KOMPRESSOR"! They said use the Goo Gone but it was a lot of work! I managed to remove them but with some very minor scratches.
Also i can still read the word becuase the colors will be different!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts