Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am a newbie. Just bought c230k. Dealership had ALOT of Renntech stuff on it already. I was wondering how much more hp would i get out of a Renntech Ecu? What other mods are out there for this thing? I always tuned hondas and know 4 bangers can be monsters if done properly. HELP PLEASE!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Renntech

STAGE 2 $2,995
Larger crankshaft pulley, Renntech air filters, ECU Re-programming. Results in total output of 215 bhp @ 5300 RPM and total torque of 240 lbs.-ft. @ 2500 - 4800 RPM.
One can find more at www.renntechmercedes.com[/url]

·
Registered
453 Posts
Welcome!

Welcome suprman_derek to BenzForum. Sounds like your car was already "a cut above" right off the showroom floor. As you can see, we feature several photos of the RENNtech body kit for the C230K on this site. The owners of BenzForum have established a relationship with RENNtech and will be happy to be of assistance should you want to purchase some additional RENNtech performance products. Feel free to contact us through BenzForum email or at [email protected] :D

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
suprman_derek said:
Hi all,

I am a newbie. Just bought c230k. Dealership had ALOT of Renntech stuff on it already. I was wondering how much more hp would i get out of a Renntech Ecu? What other mods are out there for this thing? I always tuned hondas and know 4 bangers can be monsters if done properly. HELP PLEASE!!!!
The next thing to get is a more efficient intercooler. Renntech or Racetec.

The Renntech is made by Turbonetics/Spearco. It is large, and requires drilling some holes for mounting. The kit includes some padding to keep the intercooler from rubbing on some things. After some not too rigorous testing there may be a pressure drop in excess of that predicted by the designer of the unit. This is probably due to the design of the end tanks.

The Racetec intercooler is just coming on to the market. It is cheaper than the Renntech. It uses a smaller, but very efficient core of German manufacture. The end tanks are a smoother design, and the same testing mentioned above show very little pressure drop. It does not require any drilling. It bolts to the factory mounts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts