Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are you using biodiesel? has it caused problems? let others know the problems and solutions here.

i have a 1980 300sd. wondering if b100 or b20 will hurt the injection pump or other parts? does it hurt the main bearings? i here it is more of a slovent than petrol diesel so does it dilute the oil, making it less protective too?

anyone running well for a long time on an older benz? i'd like to know.

--grish

·
Registered
45 Posts
am using biodiesel in both my 1980 300D with 200,000 miles and in a 2005 Passat TDI Wagon.

changed the fuel filter after the first few tanks full of B100 biodiesel, and ordered a Viton replacement hose kit from [email protected] that my mechanic put on.

Have driven a couple of thousand miles with no problem. sorry can't report on long drive time, but here in seattle there hundreds and hundreds of biodiesel passenger cars and many report driving older and brand new cars many tens of thousands of miles with no problems.

go for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We've been running b20 on both 81 300SD and 84 300TD for about a year now. Both cars driven approximately 50,000km each during that period. Changed the prefilter and filter a few weeks after starting with it. Had to change fuel lines on the 84. Probably all the crud loosened up and we sprouted a leak (age too!). Better pick-up, no more pinging. Thinking about b100 now. Looking at $1.19/litre last fill, but gas just jumped to the $1.40+ mark today, so I'm sure that b20 will follow closely behing. Even veggie oil off the shelf in a 4 litre jug is cheaper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts