Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm changing my oil for the first time and need to reset the service indicator. I followed the instructions in the manual. I turn on the key, call up the standard display, scroll until I get the FSS message "service A exceeded by 100 miles" then I press and hold the reset button. I never get the next message. What an I doing wrong?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
The stpes should be outlined in your owner's manual. There are a number of additional items that need to be attended to besides just changing the oil. These are also outlined in the manual.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that sage advice. I wasn't being quick enough before. Once I hurried my pace I was able to reset it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too followed the steps that u posted, but it didn't work, the door's close and I did it fast. By the way, how fast do you want? I closed the door, turned the key from 1 to 2, the instrument cluster on and I switched to service indicator "Service B in 6500 km" and I pressed the reset button, but nothing came out after this? Am I doing the wrong steps? I need guide.

·
Registered
2 Posts
service indicator reset

I changed the brake light on 2001 C320 and need help in resetting the service indicator. There are no instructions in the manual. Appreciate the advise.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Alot of times, because your car uses lamp substitution when a bulb is blown, it will take a certain amount of key cycles before the warning goes away. Why? I do not know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts