Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 C240. When I took my car in for service, I asked the service guys to fix my rear tail light. When the fog lights are on, the inside rear tail light does not illuminate. The service guys told me that it's supposed to be that way. If I were driving in Europe, the problem would be on the left side. Is this true or are they feeding me a bunch of bull?[/quote]

·
Registered
263 Posts
When you activate the rear foglight (no plural), it is just the driver's side light that is utilized. It is not supposed to be used except in very severe weather.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Not 100% sure of the reason why it is only one light. So it is not mistaken for an application of brake lights and to know where the passing side of the car is located.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds like what the MB service guys were trying to tell me. I stopped using my fog lights because I was tired of people telling me that my rear light was out. Aesthetically, it doesn't make sense. I wonder if all of the other models are like this. Thanks for getting back to me :)

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
All MB's are this way. I think all German cars are like this. When using the fog lights, just pull the knob our one click to turn on the front fog lights. As Mark08859 say, the rear fog light should only be used in severe weather conditions. I have only used the rear fog light once.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Lynn said:
All MB's are this way. I think all German cars are like this. When using the fog lights, just pull the knob our one click to turn on the front fog lights. As Mark08859 say, the rear fog light should only be used in severe weather conditions. I have only used the rear fog light once.
I was told this same thing when I picked up my car from the dealer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I believe most if not all euro spec cars are equipped with the single rear fog light at least the higher dollar ones(the ones you really don't want to run into) as for "everyone telling me my rear light is out" is a testament to just how obvious the rear end of your car becomes with the light on the reason for the light to begin with
to bad american manufactures have'nt caught on yet could save a few lives
I'm a recent convert to MB
had a bad experience with a golf
but was enough for me to fall in love with the "feeling" of a german car
time will tell on my '03 c230 sport coupe
am keeping my fingers crossed
would not like to return to the asian cars
great quality just no soul
see ya
wva

1 - 9 of 9 Posts