Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2001 CLK320. I bought it used, and it's been just a fantastic car mechanically.

I'm having issues, however, with the wheels, which I believe are factory wheels. The finish appears to be peeling off.

Question is can I have them refinished or do I just buy new ones? If so, what are my options in terms of wheels. I'd prefer MB factory wheels.

Any advice on whether I can get them refinished or, if I need to buy new ones, the best place to do that?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I've got one of the best wheel refinishers in the midwest working for me right now. If you're anywhere near the windy city I can defintely help you out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'm not near Chicago. I'm in Boston. Any good places nearby?

I'm not really looking for AMG wheels. I'd actually prefer the exact same thing or something that looks the same but in a 17.

I really appreciate the help, but I feel like I'm looking at a million rims.

Can you folks recommend a specific model from a specific, solid and reputable brand? Again, I guess something like an exact replica is what I'd prefer.

I really appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Refinishing will cost you around $100 per wheel. Replacement, even with some cheap knock offs that won't be even close to the level of quality of OEM wheels will be considerably more. Wheels are one area where you definately get what you pay for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts