Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 1989 300E, and it idles a bit rough. If I step on the gas paddle a bit to keep it at around 750 RPM or so then it idles better. Without my foot on the paddle it idles about 650 RPM.

It's got new spark plugs, gapped correctly, and new wires. I haven't changed the air filter yet because it looks very clean. I'm planning to replace the fuel filter, and I need to know where the fuel relay is so I can unplug it to release the pressure before changing the filter. Is there one?

How do I adjust the idle on this car?

Thanks,
Quang

·
Registered
1 Posts
300e idle and stalling problem

I have a 300e with the exact same issue. It takes severals trys now every morning to get it to start. It will stall in stop and go traffic. Idle seems to be about 550. My brother washed the cars engine and we really had a hard time keeping it running for a day or two. I may be related.

I've replaced the plugs, fuel filter, thermostat (over heating), valve cover gasket, and air filter. I believe there may be a head casket leak.

It doesn't seem to matter whether it's warm or cold. It runs ruff or stalls whenever it should idle. It seems to drive fine without any issues of hesitation. Do I just need to get it timed or vacuum checked?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts