Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 1997 S320 with climate control problems....

The vents produce both heat and cool air. I've checked the blower, and it seems to blow, but at a pretty slow speed. This results in very, very little air being blown through the vents, even when the blower speed on the dash is adjusted from low to high....

Could I be needing a new blower regulator? Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

Randy

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a similar problem on a 95 s320 but my blower regulartor does seem to work as the speed of the motor does change as I adjust the fan control but there is very little or no air volume coming out of the vents in the dash except for the defrost vent when I turn that on!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have found out that the car was made so that heat does not blow out the center vents and only lightly out the side vents it ( MB felt it makes drivers tired with hot air blowing in their face) the heat comes out from under the seats and under the dash.

Your blower should be changing sppeds though I checked mine by opening it up it is located in the engine compartment passengers side by the firewall there are 4 or 5 allen screws holing it down you do not have to remove the 25 or so torxs screws once you get this hugh cover off you can clean or replace the filter and see the fan change speed as you adjust, if it does not change speed it could be the blower resister located on top of the fan or the climate control box, the blower resister has a reputation for going bad!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts