Benz Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST BOUGHT MY SILVER C230- SHOULD BE ABLE TO PICK IT UP THIS WEEK. ANYONE HAVE ANY NUMBERS ON HOW THE C230 IS SELLING - THE DEALERS IN MY AREA SEEM TO HAVE MANY 2003'S SITTING ON THEIR LOT- I ORDERED MINE TO GET EXACTLY WHAT I WANT AND TO BE ITS FIRST DRIVER. I AM CURIOUS AS TO HOW THE SALES ARE GOING - I DO NOT SEE TOO MANY ON THE ROAD, BUT AFTER REVIEWING THE COMPARABLE CHOICES, THIS WAS THE CAR FOR ME. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THE 6 SPD, NEW ENGINE, HANDLING, ENGINEERING AND ALL THE NEAT DISPLAYS/FEATURES. :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Welcome to the Board!!

- Please don't yell :)

I'm starting to see a few more c230k's driving in my area, so looks like people are buying them :)

·
Banned
175 Posts
Welcome, I bought mine this time last year in Daytona, live in Ormond Beach, got the Magma Red, give me a shout may be meet and compare. also check out these forum, they are great for our car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm not sure about the U.S. but very few 2002 c230ks (that weren't ordered) made their way to Canada. Outside of orders (which was the majority of c230ks) I've heard that only around 680 2002 c230ks were shipped to Canada. My dealer tells me there are only about 45 unsold 2002s left in Canada (all automatic, cloth seats with sunroof).

Unless Mercedes floods the market with 2003s we still won't be seeing too many c230ks up here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My friend lives in Toronto, and says they are very common there. In his words, "as common as civics," but that seems over-exaggerated. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Toronto got the lion's share of the 2002 c230ks (lots in Vancouver too) for Canada but you see maybe a third of the RSXs and 325s that are out there...forget about civics

·
Registered
5 Posts
2003 C230 Coupe

I notice the specs on 2003 C230 Coupe is quite different than the 2002 model. The 2003 Canadian model has a much smaller engine (1.8 L), and a much narrower torque band. I am glad I got the 2002 model.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Toronto the MB capital of Canada

As for

My friend lives in Toronto, and says they are very common there. In his words, "as common as civics," but that seems over-exaggerated.
You definitely see more MBs in Toronto, than anywhere else in Canada. I was in Montreal last week and I only saw a few E, S classes, and a few new C240s but I was getting the eyeballs all over town in my C230.

Ottawa is the same, except you see a lot of older Benzs who are driven by doctors or lawyers.

If C230s were common like civics, then we should all been putting spoilers and exhaut kits on them. The c230 would be called a kraut burner.

Anyone know if there is a c230 club in Toronto. Then we can get the real numbers.

·
Registered
22 Posts
exact sales numbers for SEPT.

From MB Can's website:

October 07, 2002

Mercedes-Benz Canada reports its 9th best month ever in a row

September year-to-date 10,806 units represent gains of 28.5%

Toronto (October 3, 2002) – Mercedes-Benz Canada and its dealers are elated to have racked up their 9th best month ever in a row with a total of 1,233 units. This performance represents a 10.4% increase or 116 units ahead of the 1,117 units delivered in September 2001. Year-to-date, sales were posted at 10,806 units, up by 28.5% or 2,399 units ahead of the same period last year.

Passenger car sales at 1,002 units were up by 26.2% over the 794 units delivered last September. On a year-to-date basis, passenger car sales at 8,526 units were significantly ahead of last year’s results by 2,319 units, for an impressive gain of 37.4%. Light truck sales, at 2,280 units for the first nine months showed a 3.6% increase or a gain of 80 units against last September's YTD 2,200 units.

The C-Class Sport Coupe was ahead by 87.6% for the month with 167 units while the overall C-Class including coupes, sedans and wagons showed an increase of 13.5% in September and a remarkable jump to 82% for the first nine months. A total of 256 new E-Class and 113 CLK models were delivered in September and accounted for a combined increase of 87%. The new SL-Class sales continued to do well in September and further added to a YTD increase of 342.5%.

"As we look back at the first three quarters of this year, it is with great satisfaction that we can report that every single month of 2002 was the best month ever achieved for Mercedes-Benz Canada and its dealers” said Ernst H. Lieb, President and CEO of Mercedes-Benz Canada. He added, “In addition, many were all-time record months but suffice it to say that these nine consecutive monthly accomplishments clearly place this company at a higher echelon of success.”

- Yea. Great. Thanks Ernst. You're a real inspiration.

·
Registered
1 Posts
230 Sales

Here in New Orleans I ordered my 2003 230 Coupe in order to get the 6-speed (all they had on the lot were automatics). After ordering before the cart arrived I was constantly on the lookout for 230 Coupes, but almost never saw one. Now that I've got the car I'm now and then seeing them. I think they are just unknown to most people. A friend told me about them whe I was ready to upgrade from a Honda, and I knew it sounded perfect for me: A Mercedes under $30K with a hatchback! Honda was discontinuing most hatchbacks, and I wanted one to be able to load cargo - nbut I didn't need an SUV. There is a market out there for these. MB just needs to advertise them more, and get over the fear of calling it a "hatchback!"

·
Registered
8 Posts
230 Sales

In the six or so weeks it took my 2003 coupe to arrive, I noticed two other C230's in the area of San Diego I live in, with a few more appearing infrequently around my work area.

The coupe seems to draw very positive response in this area, and finding anything except the basic car on our three Mercedes lots is difficult.

I expect to see much more of our favorite coupe in these parts over the next year or so!

·
Registered
22 Posts
On Saturday Nov 16/02 while driving on Bloor Street, downtown Toronto, saw 2 of them. Other than that maybe I see one a week. Any quick and obvious way to distinguish 2002 from 2003?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Re: 230 Sales

fqmorris said:
There is a market out there for these. MB just needs to advertise them more, and get over the fear of calling it a "hatchback!"
Why fear it being a Hatchback...so many other sporty coupes have hatchbacks, and none of them take the abuse for having a hatch in the same way that detractors give it to the MB. Personally, I think its because the C-coupe is such a great package for the money. They have no real gripes, might as well piss on its hatchback.

RSX, Z3 Coupe, Integra, (C4)Corvette, 928S, Celica, etc...all have hatches! Where do writers come off saying the hatch is dead?

·
Registered
4 Posts
when I first got my car back in August 2001...there were literally no other C Coupes in Toronto..but now i'm seeing them here and there...but there are not as many as the 3 series Bimmers or the RSX...nevermind civics...

so to answer your questions...NO there aren't half as many C Coupes in Toronto as there are civics

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: 2003 C230 Coupe

mwkwan said:
I notice the specs on 2003 C230 Coupe is quite different than the 2002 model. The 2003 Canadian model has a much smaller engine (1.8 L), and a much narrower torque band. I am glad I got the 2002 model.
is what he says true
damn that kidna sucks, any performance differences between 02 and 03 then, any other worthwhile differences I should know about as a potential buyer?

·
Banned
175 Posts
Think the only real difference you will find, the 2002 has more engine mods to get than the 2003, otherwise there close to being the same.
it's a great car to own, I would have either.
Tom

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am here in Omaha Nebraska. There arent too many C-230 K's out on the road. I saw 2 out and about last night, and that's pretty spectacular. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts