Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my car used in April 2003. The car had only 3500km on it and it appears it had a Service A done at 2900km. I am now at 14500km and the computer tells me that I am not due for service for another 3500km. This means the car will not have its oil change for 15000kms.

I am pretty use to making regular oil change at the 6000kms. When I asked my service about this, he told me that I should follow what the computer tells me or else it would mess up how it tracks it status.

My question to all is does it seems right for the car not needing an oil change for 15000kms? Is what the service guy saying is right?

Thanks for your replys.

Dagwood

·
Registered
125 Posts
Service Intervals

Hi,

I just happen to be about to take my C230 to Vancouver for it's first service (A). It has about 14,500 KMS and the computer says the next service is due in 2700 KMS. It depends on how you drive. I am a gentle soul, treating my vehicle respectfully and am not a hard driver. By the time I get the car to MB in Vancouver next month it will have more than 15,000 KMS. They will change the oil and filter and reset the computer--for the next 15000 KMS. The oil used is synthetic and does not need to be changed so often. Also, the computer assessing the consistency of the oil, which old technology could not do--you had to look at the black syrup to realize the oil needed changing. Besides that, the 2003 does not have a dipstick so, you cannot check the oil level anyway. Happy motoring.

Love my Benz too.

Al on Vancouver Island :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts